Veneers – Azle, TX
Make Your Smile Fit for the Silver Screen
Have you ever wondered why so many actors and musicians always seem to have a perfect set of pearly whites? Maybe some of them were born that way, but many of them actually enhance their smiles with a cosmetic dentistry treatment called veneers. These restorations act as little “masks” for your teeth, concealing several tiny imperfections at the same time. At Rubal Dentistry, Drs. Frank and Jodie Rubal can use veneers to make your smile fit for the silver screen. Contact us today to learn more!
Why Choose Rubal Dentistry for Veneers?
- Correct Several Cosmetic Flaws at Once
- 20+ Years Serving Azle and Surrounding Communities
- Flexible Financing Available
What Are Veneers?
A veneer is a thin shell that your cosmetic dentist can place over a tooth with aesthetic flaws. Typically, veneers are made of dental porcelain, a durable material that can be customized to mimic the enamel of your natural teeth. Once placed, they can hide virtually anything you don’t like about your teeth.
Veneers are typically placed on what we call “the social six,” which are the six top teeth that show most prominently when you smile. However, they can also be used to improve the appearance of your bottom teeth.
Am I a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If you meet all of the following criteria, veneers may be the right treatment for you:
- You have noticeable cosmetic flaws in your smile that you would like to be corrected (such as chips, cracks, stains, small gaps, or slightly misshapen teeth).
- Your teeth and gums are healthy.
- You’re diligent about adhering to an oral hygiene routine.
- You don’t have any significant orthodontic issues.
The Process of Getting Veneers
Your journey to perfecting your smile begins with a cosmetic dentistry consultation in our Azle office. We’ll discuss your smile goals and budget and then develop a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve your dream smile.
In order for your veneers to appear natural, we must remove a super-thin layer of enamel from the affected teeth. Then, we take impressions of those teeth, sending the data to a dental lab so they can get to work on crafting your restorations. In the meantime, we can place temporary veneers to let you try your new smile on for size.
You’ll return in two or three weeks once we receive your permanent veneers. We’ll switch out your temporaries and place your new veneers, which should last for years to come!
Benefits of Veneers
Here are just a few of the numerous benefits that veneers offer:
- Instead of undergoing multiple cosmetic treatments, veneers can address several concerns in just one procedure.
- Each veneer is custom-made by taking various factors into account, such as your face shape and skin tone. This ensures your new smile looks perfectly natural.
- Dental porcelain is highly resistant to staining.
- Veneers are incredibly durable and require little maintenance beyond what you would give to your natural teeth.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Here at Rubal Dentistry, we don’t believe in cookie-cutter cosmetic dentistry services. Every single treatment plan is tailored to the specific needs and desires of each patient. As such, no two treatments will have exactly the same price. Admittedly, the cost of veneers in Azle tends to be higher than that of many other cosmetic dental services. However, veneers are arguably the best choice for achieving a red-carpet-ready smile. That said, it’s important to consider all of your options when deciding to improve the appearance of your teeth.
Are Veneers the Right Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment for Me?
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, so quality is always important when it comes to your pearly whites. That’s why your cosmetic dentist in Azle uses their artist’s touch and high-quality materials for all treatments. We proudly offer multiple services to help you attain the confident, attractive results you’re looking for, such as:
- Teeth whitening – Both our take-home and in-office teeth whitening treatments are a great way to erase stubborn tooth discoloration. However, it only improves the color of your teeth, not their position or shape. Additionally, some stains may not respond to whitening treatment.
- Cosmetic dental bonding – This procedure is quick, simple, and inexpensive, but it can only fix minor flaws (chips, gaps, stains). It will also have to be redone every five to ten years or so.
- Metal-free dental crowns – Fully covering an imperfect tooth with a dental crown can restore its appearance and function while protecting it from future damage. Unfortunately, placing a crown requires more of your natural tooth structure to be removed than placing a veneer.
- Veneers – Veneers may come with a higher price tag, but they’re the easiest way to transform the size, shape, color, and position of your teeth, all in just a few short appointments. Remember, your time, peace of mind, and confidence in your smile are valuable!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Like most other cosmetic procedures, veneers in Azle are usually not covered by dental insurance. However, that doesn’t mean they’re completely out of reach! We have other options for making veneers affordable, including our partnership with CareCredit. Their low-to-no interest payment plans allow you to fit the cost of your new smile into virtually any budget.
If you’re interested in learning more about the cost of veneers, we strongly encourage you to request an appointment. During your consultation, we can discuss the factors affecting the price of your treatment and go over your payment options. We look forward to helping you smile more brightly without breaking the bank!
Veneers are rapidly becoming one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments, and it’s not hard to see why. They’re versatile enough to correct just about any aesthetic imperfection you could have in your smile. Before you go through with this procedure, however, we believe that it’s important for you to learn as much as possible about veneers. For your convenience, we’ve included the answers to some of the veneers questions that our patients ask us the most often.
Are Veneers Permanent?
While the veneers themselves do not last forever, the procedure is considered permanent. This is because a portion of enamel will need to be removed in order to place them. Enamel does not grow back once it has been lost, so those teeth will always need veneers to protect them going forward.
The good news, though, is that with proper care, your veneers can last 15 years or even longer before they need a replacement.
How Do I Make My Veneers Last?
Brushing twice a day for two minutes at a time, flossing daily, and wearing a mouthguard when participating in sporting events are great ways to ensure your veneers are well cared for. It also helps to visit your cosmetic dentist for a regular checkup and cleaning every six months. You can still get cavities in your veneered teeth, so oral hygiene is still massively important.
Are There Any Foods I Shouldn’t Eat with Veneers?
Unlike braces, veneers shouldn’t restrict your diet. Just like with your natural teeth, however, there are certain foods that have the chance of chipping or cracking your veneers. Some of these foods to limit or avoid altogether include:
- Hard candy
- Hard breads
- Pumpkin seeds
- Caramel apples
Does It Hurt to Get Veneers?
Our dentists will numb your mouth with a local anesthetic before preparing your teeth to receive the veneers. Although you may feel a slight pressure, you shouldn’t experience any pain during the procedure. Your mouth may be slightly sore for a few days after veneer placement, especially if you received a lot of them. Taking an over-the-counter pain medication as needed should be more than enough to alleviate this discomfort.